Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum
Sportsmans Warehouse
Dynamic Lures

Dynamic Lures

Go Back   Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum > Welcome to Western Slope Anglers > News and Activities > Lake and Stream Cleanups
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Arcade Extras Links Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lake and Stream Cleanups This area is for cleanup information of our local waters.

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:14 PM
IceInTheVeins

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander5 View Post
How's it going for tubing it?

Terry Franklin is the problem there. We need to finally unite and present City Council with the fact that he is lying, it once WAS open for ice fishing, and that ice fishing and float craft will not hurt it.

Remember, Terry Franklin calls it HIS RESERVOIR!!! He is a liberal, global warming believing FOOL!
Old 07-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Elite Angler

pathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond repute
Terry is certainly resistant to change. He has a fear of damage to the water supply, which becomes a big problem for the city because of their antiquated treatment system. I am working with DOW and the mayor to try and move this forward.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:09 PM
ADD WALLEYE!!!!

dukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond repute
How could damage occur to the water supply by tubing it or ice fishing it? What could possibly happen? Would that cause more damage than say the wind blowing who knows what from who knows where on a daily basis... or animals dying in it... A million birds landing in it....garbage from the next county blowing it...vegetation blowing in it...the CITY WORKERS fishing in it with boats? Yes, I have those pics still.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:45 PM
ADD WALLEYE!!!!

dukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond reputedukman has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I'll just keep hammering the City Manager...her and I have been having some pretty colorful dialogue lately on other city issues..I'll just add that to my "list".
Old 07-31-2011, 01:49 PM
ADD WALLEYE!!!!

Or maybe I'll get a few thousand signatures with phone numbers.......
Old 07-31-2011, 01:50 PM
ADD WALLEYE!!!!

Or start a riot............
Old 07-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Elite Angler

pathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with all of your points. When you sit in meetings with the water guys, you can see on their faces that they are really afraid of something happening on their watch. I believe their fear is unfounded, but we have to overcome their fear if we are going to move forward. DOW is completely behind opening the water and are willing to put Fishing is Fun dollars into making an easy water entry for float tubers.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 PM
IceInTheVeins

The City Of Grand Junction treatment plant recently won an award for excellence in water treatment. It is NOT antiquated. Terry's main concern is hitchhiking species. With inspections that issue is solved.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 PM
IceInTheVeins

The fact that Terry calls it HIS RESERVOIR also needs to be stressed, his arrogance and power tripping must be brought to light.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:40 PM
ADD WALLEYE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceInTheVeins View Post
The City Of Grand Junction treatment plant recently won an award for excellence in water treatment. It is NOT antiquated. Terry's main concern is hitchhiking species. With inspections that issue is solved.
Hitchhiking my ass..disease my ass...it's the new made up crisis of the decade used as an excuse to secure more tax payer money and to use it against anything in an arguement. It has no ****ing substance. Anyone that even uses that bull**** I just want to smack in the mouth.