Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum
Sportsmans Warehouse
Dynamic Lures

Dynamic Lures

Go Back   Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum > Fishing Discussions > Fishing > Fish Pics
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Arcade Extras Links Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fish Pics Let us see what you caught.

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:50 AM
Elite Angler

bharper is on a distinguished road
Lost A Trophy BOW!

I started out on the river yesterday where I hooked a MONSTER BOW(easily in the upper 20 inches range and over 8 LBS).I got a solid hook set in the current and it darted to my right wrapping my line around a rock and tree limb hanging down.I worked it out and it got in the fattest current and snapped my line.The tree limb or rock must've nicked my line!I was fishing the opposite side to the right from where I took the picture.So after that disappointment I went up to fish the Reservoir and landed this consolation prize 19 3/4" around 3 lb Brown on a Rapala Countdown in the Hot Mustard Muddler pattern!The picture of the Brown does not give justice to the thickness of the fish.After catching the Brown I had another bigger Brown follow my lure in!https://i.imgur.com/c7i8VKq.jpg

Last edited by bharper; 11-23-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:51 AM
Elite Angler

https://i.imgur.com/c3nUnR8.jpg
Old 11-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Elite Angler

pathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond repute
There are some monster browns in that lake. My brother C&R a 16.5 lb brown a number of years ago in late Dec.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:16 AM
Elite Angler

I know a couple of years ago I seen a picture of a 13+ Brown.I even seen a picture of a young kid who caught a tank out of there.I might go this next week and try to repeat my day but hopefully find that big Bow below and land it then go up top towards the evening.I think the males were guarding nests and feeding by there actions near the rocky shoreline?
Old 11-24-2017, 12:44 PM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Those are some big fish. Those big fish opportunities seem to come along with devastation. I've lost the biggest fish I've hooked.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Elite Angler

Yes,I was fortunate to have a guy that landed a 31” Bow just days before I got my 28” last year to help me land that fish because I didn’t have a net and his net was too small! The next two big fish I landed last year I did by myself but it wasn’t easy,thank goodness I had a big enough net when I did.Wednesdays big Bow would’ve been a task by myself because of the side I was on has a drop off into the water from shore.I landed that 5 lb there last year and almost fell in!
Old 12-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Do you need a bigger landing net?
Old 12-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Elite Angler

No thanks,unless it’s a short handle with a deep bag? I have an older style net with a deep bag but it’s not rubber coated.I don’t have money right now to buy one with Christmas coming up!
Old 12-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Elite Angler

wolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant future
I just hate having a nice fish break off. That is really disheartening.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Elite Angler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffeather View Post
I just hate having a nice fish break off. That is really disheartening.
Last year was awesome but this year Iíve had a really big fish break off and a couple of nice sized jumpers get off at The Portal.Fish On!!!