Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum
Sportsmans Warehouse
Dynamic Lures

Dynamic Lures

Go Back   Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum > Fishing Discussions > Fly Fishing
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Arcade Extras Links Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fly Fishing General fly fishing discussions. Ask questions, get answers.

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Elite Angler

muddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond repute
Loon Creek

Loon creek is another tributary of the Middle fork Salmon River, one we have visited before. This time we ventured further down into the River of no return wilderness than we had before and camped near the junction of the creek and another side stream.

The more we explore Idaho the more we see the devistation of fires in the region. New fires are raging in areas of intrest as I wright this and loon creek had been a victum before but is slowly returning.

On the way in we had passed but one other fisherman and as we ventured further down the lure of virgine water was pulling us further down the trail. Tired from the journey in the afternoon heat we found a secluded camp sight out of view frm the trail near this landmark.

After camp fishing comenced, armed with trusty Muddler Minnows the Cutthroats were quickly discovered.

Barbara on the other hand captured the first Bull trout.

Fishing continued down stream until I found myself on the opposit bank from Barbara where she froze in a distant stare. "Bear" she faintly said. "What" said I over the rush of the stream. "B,B,bear, he's staring right at me". "Where", "YOUR SIDE!" "what color is it"? "Black" I then poked my head over the rise in the bank to see a yearling black bear 15 yards away with a nice shinny black coat and sporting a white snout. I yelled go away bear and he turnded and started up the steep rocky slope of the river canyon. "Good Bear"

We returned to camp after this event and found the pool at the bridge shaded so the last fish of the day was this nice Cutthroat.

After a meal and a good camp fire we viewed the evening stars start to appear but soon retired to the tent for a much needed rest. The next day consisted of packing out and testing selected areas pinpointed on our inward journey. One had to work for their fish but were often rewarded with agressive trout taking the muddler.

I too caputred a Bull trout, the largest fish of the trip.

A weekend is just not enough time for proper exploration especially with a five hour one way trip from home but we left Loon creek satisfyed with another grand adventure waving good by to the truck near the trail head.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Journeyman Angler

Fly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of light
I am glad you always return from that wilderness. Great write up and photos as always. Keep them coming. PLZ and Thank you.

Love the last photo of the truck, great photography!!
Old 08-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Elite Angler

wolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant futurewolffeather has a brilliant future
Great pictures. Good fishing and country.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:15 PM
Elite Angler

bharper is on a distinguished road
Beautiful scenery! Love the green color on the cutts!
Old 08-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a hoot. I wonder how many people are in dire need of those truck parts to complete a project? Those little bears are a crack up, no fear and all sorts of interested in people
Old 08-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Elite Angler

ifishallday has disabled reputation
Nice Report!