Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum
Sportsmans Warehouse
Dynamic Lures

Dynamic Lures

Go Back   Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum > Fishing Discussions > Fishing > Fish Pics
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Arcade Extras Links Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fish Pics Let us see what you caught.

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:08 PM
Elite Angler

bharper is on a distinguished road
Pine Creek Trail (Gunnison River)

I Trout fished one the most beautiful locations today! It started off nice and sunny but later rained pretty hard for 30+mins.The first fish of the day was a nice 17" Bow (1st pic) caught on the Berkeley Flicker Shad.I then picked up a Dynamic J-Spec Brown Trout Pattern and landed a nice healthy 17" Brown (2nd pic) and then preceded to catch a handful of Browns.I later switched over to a Dynamic J-Spec Rainbow Pattern and caught some more Browns.Then the rain came down and I took a 1/2hr break.Next I found a spot that was loaded with Bows and caught a nice fat 16" Rainbow(no pic).I pitched out again a landed the best fish of the day a real healthy fighting 18" 2+Lb Bow (last pic).Love this location need to try and fish it some more! The Dynamic J-Spec landed over 10 fish,best lure of the day!! I ended up catching 15 Trout
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/49...922/0haYFx.jpg

Last edited by bharper; 07-14-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:10 PM
Elite Angler

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/49...923/Bpr8hZ.jpg
Old 07-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Elite Angler

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/64...924/d1yz5m.jpg
Old 07-14-2017, 11:12 PM
Elite Angler

Here is some shots of the surrounding beauty of this place!https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/64...923/XsgAqM.jpg
Old 07-14-2017, 11:13 PM
Elite Angler

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/64...922/GuGjZr.jpg
Old 07-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Good looking fish and that looks likea nice looking place to hang out. That J-spec is an awesome bait. I tried those hair jigs and got some follows but didn't get a hookup. I think I could catch some bass on them pretty easy. We''ll have to get together sometime and you can show me how to fish them correctly
Old 07-15-2017, 02:18 PM
Elite Angler

pathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond repute
Have you tried the HD Ice for river fishing. Brian swears by it. That is the old railroad bed that brought people to the western slope before there were roads. My father traveled that route in 1910 to Austin.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:50 PM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
I tried it at Morrow Point recently but I'm not a very good trout angler. I'll tell you what, I've knocked the snot out them at corm lake though.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:59 PM
Elite Angler

Quote:
Originally Posted by castingdonkey View Post
Good looking fish and that looks likea nice looking place to hang out. That J-spec is an awesome bait. I tried those hair jigs and got some follows but didn't get a hookup. I think I could catch some bass on them pretty easy. We''ll have to get together sometime and you can show me how to fish them correctly
I would like that! It has been a slow start with me as well on the hair jigs,I've only been catching one or two trout lately on each trip.It might be because of the hot and sunny weather not as much bug hatching at the times that I've been fishing? Let me know when you want to go fish trout?I'll be in Denver July 30th-Aug 3rd so I wont be available.I tried that tail spinner jig you gave me and caught one smaller brown,that was fun!

Last edited by bharper; 07-15-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:05 PM
Elite Angler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathway View Post
Have you tried the HD Ice for river fishing. Brian swears by it. That is the old railroad bed that brought people to the western slope before there were roads. My father traveled that route in 1910 to Austin.
I tried a tail spinner jig that castingdonkey gave me and caught one smaller brown on it.I've not tried the HD Ice as of yet.That's cool about your father.I read a story online about that Railroad it was pretty interesting!